Friday, October 19, 2007

Sad for pop reading quiz and second major essay

Yesterday, we had pop reading quiz. Unfortunately, I had seen the back of the last page until the last two minutes. I had no time to finish that, which made me so sad. My goodness. It reminds me that I should check how many pages first, then do it in the exams.

So sad, I just got 78% about my second major essay. I tried my best to do it, but I did not get above 86%. Actually, I really do not want to exam effective writing after I go to university. From the beginning of this semester, I always focus on my writing, I wish I could improve my writing above 86%. On the writing class of Thursday, I looked some essays from my classmates who got higher marks and who got lower marks. I found that somebody who got higher marks ususally had perfect organizaiton and grammar. For me, I wrote too much information which made organizaiton unclear. Hence, when I wrote my essay on mid-term examination, I focused on organzation which made readers easier to catch information. Guys, writing is really important for your university. In the university, you guys should hand in many homework, like lab report, if you guys write perfectly, it is easier for professors to understand. Maybe you can get higher marks. In EAP programme, it is a good chance for us to improve our writing because it is the basis of our reports of univesity. If we do not get higher marks, we should really pay attention to writing. The most important thing is that we should find the reason why we can not get our satisfactory marks. Next essay, we can correct our errors so as to improve it. Good for us.

From today, we have mid-term examination, good luck to everybody.

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

That's so great that you compared your essay to other people's essays. It'll really help you! I think you have a lot of great information, and I can totally tell you are a smart student. It is just the way you express yourself that we need to work on. Don't give up!

maja said...

In German, we have an expression with the meaning that you get good when you practice. So keep writing as much as possible, and don't give up! Remember, we still have two months left to study and improve!