Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving day & Heritage Park



Today is Thanksgiving Day. Since I have been Canada, this is the first Thanksgiving Day I celebrate. When I was in China, I had heard the famous traditional festival---Thanksgiving Day. And I have known that Canada celebrates Thanksgiving Day on the second Monday in October, but the United States celebrates the holiday on the fourth Thursday of November. So we have a three-day weekend, and we do not have too much homework. How happy it is!!! We can enjoy the long weekend. In the morning, my aunt said we should have some activities on the special day. So my big cousin suggested to go to Heritage Park where it has many antiques. Hence, we five ( my uncle, aunt, and my two cousines and I) went to the Heritage Park in the afernoon.

Actually, Heritage Park is like a peaceful village, no noise, and it has big lawns, beautiful sea. When seeing these stuff, everyone could feel comfortable. We saw many antiques such as ship, train, and houses, we even saw chickens and geese which were playing happily. well, we took two horses drawn wagon-ride. Wow, the two white horses look so strong. The driver, Bob told us that they have been Calgary for 15 years from England, such a long time. I thought they should miss their hometown very much, like me. Even if I have been Calgary for 9 months, I always miss my family members, my friends, food and everything in my hometown. I all the way think that animals have strong emotions as humans. Anyway, it took us about 20 minutes on enjoying two horses drawn wagon-ride, as well as enjoying the "village" scenes. Then we took the old train. This kind of old train I saw in the movie. Today, I saw a real one and took it. How exciting!! You guys could see the picture on the top of my this blog. It is not very too long, but so heavy. When working, we can see the smog coming out from the train. When I saw the train, I felt that I came back many many years ago, hahahahaha. After that, we took the SS Moyie ship, it is not very big, it just has two floors. Upon boarding, my big cousin and I went directly to the second floor because we standed higher, we could see further. I felt that the sky and the sea was connected together. Wow, wow, I could not believe. Such a good day, we were close to the nature.

Actually, Thanksgiving meals feature turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and pumpkim pie, but we do not have enough time to prepare them, what a pity. So, before coming home, we just bought turkey from Superstore. I wish that I could have a real Thanksgiving Day next year, like the Thanksgiving Day in the movie. Cheer~~~~

No comments: