Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Friday

So sad, so sad!! This Friday, I was absent from school because I got sick. This was my first time I have been absent since I studied English in EAP. This Thursday, I helped one of my workmates work because she went to Vancouver. I am such a nice person. Since I need to work on Thursday, I finished my Annotated Bibliography on Wednesday evening. After school, I really do not want to go to work, but I promised her that I would help her work. Therefore, I still went there. Unfortunately, there was a concert near our store ( By the way, I work in Jugo Juice of student centre). So we were so busy that night. I worked for 6 hours. When I got home, it was almost 11 o'clock. Actually, I never worked over 5 hours. It was challenge for me. You know, concert usually makes a big noise. When I made juice, I need to have a big voice to call customers in order that they can hear me to pick up juice. I really felt tired. As soon as I got home, I went to bed. In the morning, my aunt woke me up. After I got up, I felt headache, and I got a sore throat. I told my aunt, my aunt let me take some medicine. Then I go back to my bed. Later, my aunt came to my bedroom, she said:" You must gave your teacher a call or send an e-mail to your teacher if you cannot go to school." It was very hard for me to get up again. However, I still got up and sent e-mails to Scott and Sandi. After that, I went back to my bed. I kept sleeping until 12 o'clock. I felt a little bit better. I checked my e-mail. Even though I lost much information about knowledge that day, I still learned a little bit from Scott's email reply. In my email, I said:"Can I ask for sick leave?" You guys know what I mean, however, "sick leave" refers to major illnesses that take weeks to recover from. If someone needs one day off, that person cannot say "ask for sick leave". I should thank Scott to tell me that. I believe that I will not have the same mistake next time.

I got a good rest on Friday and Saturday, I really feel better now. Thank goodness!!!

7 comments:

maja said...

I'm glad you feel better, and don't need a sick leave!! After all, you had four days off anyway. I'll come visit you once while you're working!

Megan said...

Poor Tina!! I hope you will feel better now!~~
Take care of yourself!~~

Megan said...

Poor Tina!! I hope you will feel better now!~~
Take care of yourself!~~

Bill said...

I am sorry heard about that. I hope you will be fine. Take care of yourself!

Scott Douglas said...

Look at that . . . everything is a learning opportunity :-)

闷骚小跑 said...

you always late is a common sense among our class....it is not a secret anymore.....> <

Bill said...

Do not be sad when you are in trouble.