Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lust, Caution



This afternoon, my friend and I went downtown for wathcing a movie called "Lust, Caution". Actually, it is a Chinese movie with English subtitles. So it is good for us to understand it. Now, the movie is very hot in China. It is directed by An Li who is a famous director in China. The movie is starred by Chaowei Liang, Lihong Wang and Wei Tang. Actually, Chaowei Liang is a famous actor in China, and Lihong Wang is a famous actor and singer in China. But Wei Tang is a new actress. She is famous for this movie, the director said that her appearance is similar to the main actress in his imagination, so he picked out her as main actress in this movie. Wow, she is so lucky. Many audiences said that she must become famous if someone is chosen by An Li. Actually, Lihong Wang is a cute guy, not only does he sing very well, but also he acts wonderfully in many movies. There is no doubt that Chaowei Liang is an awesome guy, his performance in many movies is sooooooooooo perfect. It seems like that he has an inborn ability as an actor. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The movies tells us a story between a woman and two men. The story happened in the hard time of China-----the time when Japan invaded China. There are very complex relationships among the three persons. However, it is a sad movie at the end. The woman saves her best love who is one of the men, and betrays another man and her friends, but her best lover has to kill the woman, another man and her friends due to his position even though he also loves her. So sad, so sad~~~~~~we believe that she will keep alive in his heart forever even though she is dead. Sad ending~~~~~

Personally, the translation in the movie is terrible. I do not think that foreigners can totally understand the deepest meanings in the movie. Many translation is mechanical and it loses the original meanings. However, I bet many foreigners likes the beautiful clothes----Qipao which are traditional clothes in China. It is soooooo beautiful.

Many people predict that the movie will get the Oscar Awards. I hope so!!!

5 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

Wow, that movie sounds really amazing. I'll have to go and see it when I get some time.

JOHNNY Thinks: said...

I had watched this movie a few days before. I watched it because I am LeeHom's fan. However, I learn something new about the Chinese history from this movie. I know the movie was producted for its purpose of uncovering Japanese's guilty, and An Lee added some "love" between it. Fantastic!

Hanna Hasegawa said...

I have watched Chinese movies in Chinese with English captions!! I should study Chinese again!!

Hanna Hasegawa said...

I have watched Chinese movies in Chinese with English captions!! I should study Chinese again!!

Anonymous said...

this movie is so sad. i cry when i think about it.