Saturday, July 21, 2007

Calgary Zoo


Today, sunshine was so beautiful. So my uncle, aunt, two cousines and I went to zoo. The zoo is so large, and we could see many wild animals in the zoo. Before I went to zoo, I just knew animals' Chinese names; however, I knew many animals' English names by watching introduction about these animals. It was helpful to boost my vocabulary. For example, "ostrich" was one of the words I knew from animals'introduction in the zoo. Actually, we study in Canada, so we have good English environment and atmosphere. Whenever it is and wherever we go, we could study English as long as we pay more attention.

Since it was hot, some animals, like lions and tigers, were so lazy, they did not want to stay outside and just stayed their rooms so that we could not see them. Too bad, so sad!! In the zoo, I saw the real gorillas. You know, we studies primates at the beginning of this term, so I just saw what the gorillas are like in the picture from our textbook. But I saw the real gorillas in the zoo, how exciting!!!! There were just two gorillas in captivity. When arriving in there, one of gorrilas was eating a banana and did not see anybody. Also, chameleons, which had not been seen before, were so small. Meanwhile, I saw the process of becoming colourful about one of chameleons. There was a green one, all of sudden, it became red, like it changed its coat. How interesting it is!!!

Of course, I saw many kinds of animals, and I can not introduce every one to you guys. If you have time, you can go to Calgary Zoo for watching these cute animals, at the same time, you could learn some words about animals. Sounds great!!!

No comments: